Sunday, January 8, 2012

Blessed.

Blessed.  A heavy word, used often...today in particular.  I feel extremely blessed to have the opportunity to be here, again.  The crew and I felt blessed to witness the amazing church service this morning, where we were told that the congregation was blessed to have us here. This evening we had the opportunity to go and watch a variety show meets youth night-type program at the church where we sang, danced, and had a great time.  At dinner, Beckie, Erin and I spent time with our new friend Junior who blessed our meal before we ate and ended our dinner by telling us, "God Bless You."  I could sit here and recount the events of our afternoon hour by hour, but I think that by saying I feel extremely blessed to be here and to have the opportunities that are presented to us say it all.  I do not have the words to express how I feel about this beautiful country and the people who inhabit it.  In one day's time I can honestly say that I am having the time of my life.  I have already met new people and spent my afternoon constantly laughing and smiling.  I was curious and a little afraid that my second trip here would not have the impact on me that it did the first time.  I was wrong.  I can only imagine the knowledge and love that will further fill my heart after one week.

To those of you reading this, thank you.  I am thrilled to be able to share my journey in Haiti once again.

2 comments:

  1. Megan (& Dee Dee & Pastor too)- Thanks for blessing us by sharing your experiences!

    Besserat wants Bailey to enjoy her vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan, thanks for your blog entries. We will follow you this week and pray for all of you and your new friends as we read it.

    ReplyDelete